Friday, December 6, 2013

Invictus, Nelson Mandela's Poetry and Philosophy: Poems Written for Rolihlahla, Poems Written and Inspired by Tata

Robben Island: Invictus / Unconquered

I am Rolihlahla Mandela
I am Nelson Mandela
I am the First Accused
I am ready to die for my people’s freedom and rights
Though my body may be locked in this cell, by these walls,
My mind roams free all over South Africa
These walls and this prison cannot contain the people’s ideas
Freedom beckons them.
I am Rolihlahla Mandela
I am Nelson Mandela
I told P.W. Botha and F. W. de Klerk that my people yearned to be free
I negotiated with them behind the walls of Robben Island
Even though I had my hands tied behind my back, even though the arduous work load would become unbearable, I did not lose hope
Breaking rocks days in and days out was not a picnic
God bless all men and women who yearn to be free!
God bless South Africa! God bless Qunu!
My time has come. Other great men will follow the long fight for freedom and justice for all


======================


Book Review



Tables of Content
1, Purest Form of Gold: A Long Journey to Freedom Day
2. What is like to be Free? Nelson Mandela’s Freedom
3, Awupatha: We Shall Not Be Dominated
4. Robben Island
5. Life Celebration
6. Tribute to all the Comrades:
Mandela Pays Tribute to the Martyrs of the Struggle
7. Rolihlahla, the “Troublemaker” for the Right Cause
8. Robben Island: Thrown into the Heart of Darkness
9. Robben Island: From Darkness to Light
10. Men Made of Gold: My Respect and Tribute
11. God Bless Africa!
12. Apartheid: The Idiocy of It All
13. Bullies’ Indignities: Down with all Bullies
14. Time to Breathe Fresh

Purchase a PDF copy of this ebook now






Purchase a copy of "Nelson Mandela's Poetic Biography: How To Live Before You Die - Experience Leadership Academy, Best Business Quotes and Freedom Struggle" from Barnes and Noble now


Purchase a copy of this book "Nelson Mandela's Poetic Biography: How to Live Before You Die, Experience Leadership Academy, Best Business Quotes and Freedom Struggle right here





Bullies’ Indignities: Down with all Bullies

Think again if you thought bullies had a tough skin. They are paper mache
Like cheetahs that stalk their prey, soon they give up the chase
And when confronted by alpha lions or even hyenas, they leave their kill or target
Like hyenas and vultures, bullies are opportunistic scavengers
Bullies do not have the stomach to fight a protracted fight because they know they are wrong. Sooner or later, they will crack under the pressure and spotlight
Bullies have a brittle but fragile exterior. They lack the moral standards
They are show horses. Clydesdale horses they are not!
Bullies are boys or girls in transition. They are spoiled brats who need discipline and guidance
Put them in front of natural hardships. They’ll crumble like sheets of paper
The natural men live in harmony with their surroundings. They share, support, mentor, and nurture the young minds
True men have natural obligations and bring honor to their birthplace
They build stuff with their hands and mind. They hunt, build a fire, roast a pig or a goat, eat the ears of corns from their garden
True men sit around under the stars to tell tales, boast about their conquests and prowess. Long live the natural men and women among us!

No comments:

Post a Comment