Monday, February 9, 2009

My Heart's Delights

My Heart's Delights
by JJC on Feb 3, 2009

Surrounded by tons of moving steel

Rolling every which way

on the freeway and nearby highway

Amidst all sorts of noise

And while witnessing the nakedness of trees

in the vast peach and nectarine orchards,

Little by little, I felt consumed by the beauty

of the distant snow-capped Sierra Mountain range

It was an overcast day anywhere in the Central Valley

Selma, Parlier, Reedley and the rest of the Valley floor

appeared to lie quietly in the sudden darkness for a few days

Yet, half of the far-away mountain tops was lit by sunlight

that projected its rays on specific spots in the background

The foreground of this natural painting had darker hues


On the road to Reedley, CA, I lifted my eyes and gazed once more

upon the snow-covered peaks which looked like hands raised

to praise the Most High

At that very moment, I was stirred to cry out "Rejoice in the Lord.

He will give you the delights of your heart."

His glory and grace anointed me. My cup overflowed.

I reached the abundance of his love and felt the touch of his hands

No comments:

Post a Comment